Lemon-Clove Moon Cookies
2 cups flour
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup sweet butter, softened, 1 1/2 sticks
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 pure lemon extract
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon spring water
1/4 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Mix flour, cloves and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with
electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon extract; beat until well blended.
Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 9 inches long. Wrap in wax
paper. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 to
15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For the Lemon Glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, water and lemon extract in small bowl untill well blended. Drizzle
over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
- Bake12 to 15 minutes per batch
Bake12 to 15 minutes per batch